In our parish, faith formation classes are offered for children in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Registration packets are mailed to all families with children in these grade levels during the month of August each year. If you did not receive a registration packet, please contact the parish office.
Grades K-5: Classes are held Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in St. Mary/St. Gabriel Hall.
Grades 6-8: Classes are held Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in St. Anne Hall with the exception of the 3rd Sunday of each month.
Grades 9-12: Classes are held Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Sacred Heart Room with the exception of the 3rd Sunday of each month.
Download 2018-2019 Faith Formation Documents:
Faith Formation Registration 2108-2019.pdf
Faith Formation Calendar 2018-2019.pdf
Faith Formation Photo Release.pdf
In addition to Sunday morning classes, youth in grades 6-12 are invited to gather in St. Anne Hall from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the 3rd Sunday of each month. Each Youth Night consists of teachings in Catholic beliefs, interactive activities and socialization. Come join us in faith, fun, and fellowship! Guests are welcome.
Important Reminders to Parents
- If your child is in the first grade, remember that two years of Faith Formation is a requirement to receive the sacraments of First Confession and First Eucharist, which are received during the second grade. You must make sure that your child is registered and regularly attends Faith Formation classes this school year in order for them to be properly prepared to receive their sacraments next school year.
- If your child is in second grade, you must make sure that your child is registered and regularly attending faith formation classes in order for them to be properly prepared to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation and First Eucharist. In addition to your responsibility of making sure that your child regularly attends these classes, all parents of children in second grade are required to attend two workshops for each sacrament:
- First Reconciliation Parent Workshop and First Reconciliation Parent & Children Retreat
- First Eucharist Parent Workshop and First Eucharist Parent & Children Retreat
- If your child is in third, fourth, fifth or sixth grade, your child must continue to regularly attend and participate in Faith Formation. Although they have received their First Eucharist, they must continue to receive regular instruction in our Catholic Faith in order to be properly prepared to receive the sacrament of Confirmation in the eighth grade.
- If your child is in seventh grade, you must make sure that he or she is registered and regularly attends Faith Formation classes this school year in order to be properly prepared to be confirmed next school year when they are in the eighth grade. Two years of Faith Formation are required to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- If your child is in eighth through twelfth grade, they are still encouraged to attend faith formation classes, though they have received all the sacraments of initiation. They have been confirmed in the Catholic faith. Confirmation is the START of life as a fully initiated member of the Catholic Church, the Body of Christ. They are now called to go deeper and deeper into their faith so as to grow in relationship with Christ and His Church.